Our skin type, hair type skin tone, our nails are not the same. So we need to know some basic rules to take care of these different types of skin preferences.
If you have an oily skin type, its mandatory you cleanse your skin with a good oil-free cleanser and then moisturize with a water-based moisturizer. Why is it so obvious to keep your skin clean always? That's because oily skin has large pores which accumulates lot of dirt, which if not cleaned properly may give rise to acne.
For dry skin which gets stretchy and flaky, you should always keep your skin moisturized with an oil-based moisturizer and yes, indulge in drinking a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.
The same is applicable for your hair too. Those with oily scalp, need proper cleaning of scalp frequently to get rid of that greasy, weighed-down hair look. And for those with dry scalp and hair, oiling is an important hair care routine and deep-condition your hair to avoid your hair looking like dried leaves.
Now for your nails, if it is brittle, special care has to be taken to prevent your nail from breaking like glass. Use cuticle cream, coat your nails with almond oil or Vaseline and do not expose your hands to too much of detergents. The chemicals from these detergents will not only make your nails brittle but also cause various skin diseases like eczema or skin peeling from hands. And if you have the habit of biting your nails, stop it right away cause the dirt inside your nails will cause stomach diseases.
The same care goes for your feet and toe nails too. For your feet use a pumice stone to slough off the dead skin from your heels to keep them baby soft so that you can happily flaunt your heels wearing that six- inches high stilettos.
If possible go for a parlour manicure and pedicure for that extra pampering at least once a month.
Soaps are also believed to strip the natural oil from your body skin making it rough. So its better you use either hand-made body soaps or those with natural oil as its components.
We use a lot of store bought cosmetic body care products to take care of our skin. What about we use some natural remedies at times? So here we give you some very simple and natural home treatments that you can try out for your body.
1. We all crave for a smooth mirror finish skin and use body moisturizing lotions and oils to moisturize our skin. What about we make one at home? Mix melted cocoa butter, Vitamin E capsule oil, olive or almond oil and any essential oil of your choice and store in a lid fitted jar. Use this lotion on your body and face avoiding the eye area.
2. For sunburns, place sliced cucumber over the affected area. You can also mash or grate peeled cucumbers and apply it as a mask over sunburns for at least 20 minutes before washing. Juice some cucumbers and store it in a spray bottle. Spray this juice over your burns and relax. Repeat as many times a day and you'll feel your skin improving fast.
3. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a mashed ripe banana and apply this pack on your cracked heels after exfoliating it with a pumice stone or loofah. It will make your heels soft and smooth.
4. Massage your body with a homemade body massage oil. Choose either coconut/ almond/ olive oil and to it add a few drops of any of your favourite essential oils. Massage all over your body before bath and let it sit for atleast an hour.
5. Prick two to three vitamin E capsules and rub the oil along with Vaseline over and under your palms. Doing this treatment daily will reduce the softness of your palms.
6. Another issue that we face is scar. Mix lemon juice with water and apply on scars. It is advisable not to apply it directly on your skin as lemon being acidic may react with your skin.